Dear Rita
Jodie has already responded and provided information on the Core of life program which is actually available in every state and territory in Oz at the moment bar TAS, (although following the recent NACE Conference there with one of the sessions being a Core of Life Presentation this may well soon change ). For more info go to www.coreoflife.vic.gov.au
However, for many years I (and many of my peers) have been spreading the word within local secondary schools on the normality of pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding- doesn't have to be in a formal setting can just be a Midwife sharing information on her field of expertise. All that is required is the gumption to act. If you are truly interested in this type of work, contact schools in your local area now in readiness for next years programs, or contact core of life to find out how to become involved with backup and support if that is more your style. I agree totally with the premise that men and women need information on what is normal prior to becoming pregnant- it is usually far too late to assist once they are into 'the system'.

Alesa Koziol
Clinical Midwifery Educator
Melbourne