Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 12:07 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Safe and Sustainable Maternity Services for Rural Women: Australia Wide Post-card campaign

Dear All

Sorry for such a request so close to Christmas, but it can be saved for the New Year as long as you promise not to forget.

Many rural women do not have access to a safe or sustainable maternity service and many rural families are suffering emotionally and financially.  Although Maternity Coalition is working hard for all women to access best practice maternity care, rural areas need urgent attention.

If you live in a rural or regional area please take the time to visit the Maternity Coalition website and print out the postcard and then sent it to Deputy Prime Minister and Leader of the National Party, John Anderson.  I met with Mr Anderson in July, where he undertook to get back to us on the solutions we presented for returning maternity services to rural areas.  Since then his office refuses to speak with me or answer written correspondence.  It is obvious this issue is too hard, but it also highlights their contempt for the plight of new rural families. We have a positive solution that will support so many more rural families, but Mr Anderson needs to know that Maternity Coalition’s work is supported.

Here’s the link
http://www.maternitycoalition.org.au/campaignkit.html

You will need to print front and back and stick it together and send.  A little painful, but the best way for us to get our message wide and far.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU KNOW LIVING IN RURAL/REGIONAL AUSTRALIA WHO SUPPORTS SAFE AND SUSTAINABLE MIDWIFERY CARE.

Kind regards

Justine

Justine Caines
National President  Maternity Coalition Inc
PO Box 105
MERRIWA  NSW  2329
Ph: (02) 65482248
Fax: (02)65482902