Hi Sally

I've just returned from a very quick trip back to NZ.  I was told by a colleague that the caseload midwives (well all midiwives acutally had just recieved a 30% pay increase!!).  Caseload are now paying an annual salary of $75,000.  I think there are 4 of them, working in pairs and I know they work very hard with predominiately high risk women (most low risk choose an independent midwife).  I'll see if I can find out some more info.

Kiwi Kim.

-------Original Message-------

Date: 01/23/05 01:56:05
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] caseload

So the next question is do people who have worked in caseload models feel that they were being paid fairly for their on call commitment?

Sally Westbury

Homebirth Midwife

"It takes courage to remain a true advocate for women, challenging authority and sacrificing social and professional acceptance. It takes courage for a woman to choose a caregiver who will truly advocate for and empower her."    -Judy Slome Cohain

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!