Hi Monica,

In the WHO guide to care in childbirth it says is that up to 1000 ml blood loss may be physiological in healthy populations.  This WHO guide was published in 1997 I think, and I haven't yet seen a more recent edition.  You can purchase it through Birth International (www.birthinternational.com.au )  Hope this helps.

Cheers
Michelle
mh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,
I sent this yesterday but it didn't come through to me at least so apologies
if it's a repeat.

There were some references a while ago about the WHO defininition of a PPH
as being over 1000 mls. As we are now being required to go the most extreme
lengths to treat "PPHs" of 500mls or more, even if not causing any symptoms
and bleeding is settling, I would love some evidence to suggest this is
overkill. Can anyone point me to the WHO document?
Thanks,

Monica