-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of JoFromOz
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:11 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] GDM question

Hello you intelligent List-Wives...

I have decided for various reasons not to have the routine GTT during my
pregnancy, and now, at 33 weeks, I have had a small trace of glucose in
my urine the last few weeks.  Tonight I checked at work at I had a
definite plus, not trace, of glucose. I did a BSL at the same time, and
it was only 4.2.  My question is, was my glucose higher before and my
body just got rid of it for me, or is my body just good at getting rid
of it via the urine instead of insulin?  Or should I stop worrying? OR
should I go ahead and do the GTT like my workmates insist I should have
done in the first place?

Thanks!

Otherwise, pregnancy is wonderful apart from the sore hips trying to
sleep :)

Jo (RM)