hi i know this is off the track but i would like to know if it is common
practice in all SCBU that you do a rectal temp on neonates when they are
admitted. i know that there is evidence to state this practice is not good and
that we should be doing tympanic temps as they are far more accurate also can
anyone point me in the right direction to find this as ive tried looking but
can find the trial to print out
thanks sharon
---- Anne Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Joanne,

The dose for evening primrose oil for overdue women as per Birth Centre
Induction of Labour booklet!

Take Evening Primrose oil (gel-caps 500mg) orally 3 times per day and insert 2
in the vagina at   bedtime--you must stay laying down on your side or else the
caps may fall out (only try this as long as the bag of waters is intact).

It doesn't START labour, only prepares the cervix. You can buy Evening Primrose
oil at just about any health food/vitamin/herbal type store or supermarket. You
can start taking about    2 - 3 capsules orally daily at almost 38 weeks.