hi there,

it is standard practice in our scbu, for all
admissions.

i have questioned this practice several times and the
answer is usually that 'its necessary to establish
patency'!?! had a babe come from theatre last week
covered in mec and the midwife asks me to do a pr
temp! i question again, and she backtracks saying 'its
the best way of establishing accurate core temp'.

this is so clearly not evidence based practice - i
find it so frustrating! i'm thinking of doing a lit
review on it for uni and would be interested in other
people's opinions/experiences/information.

regards miriam 2nd year bmid fusa

http://au.movies.yahoo.com