From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Justine Caines
Sent: Wednesday, 18 May 2005 12:42 PM
To: OzMid List
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Epidural top-up Policy

Gee, why should midwives have ANYTHING to do with epidurals??

I thought midwifery was about well women and normal childbirth.

Shouldn’t this be left to the Drs! Perhaps if midwives said this we would see a change in practice!

Can women in Parkes access deep warm water for pain relief?

I am astounded that the majority of women can access Pethidine and an epidural and yet a tiny majority have access to deep water
(sorry showers don’t count!)

Natural pain relief, that’s the domian of midwifery

JC

Justine Caines
National President  Maternity Coalition Inc
PO Box 105
MERRIWA  NSW  2329
Ph: (02) 65482248
Fax: (02)65482902