Hi all,
a woman at 25 weeks gestation has asked me about being induced around the 35-36 week mark. Her asthma has been extremely severe during this pregnancy, resulting in a number of admissions to hospital and she is taking lots of steroids. Her OB is saying induction is warranted because the last few weeks of the pregnancy when her lungs are squashed are going to be too stressful for the baby. My feeling is that inductions ought to be limited to occasions when it is crystal clear that a baby will be better off "out" than "in" so to speak. Of course so much of that is in the eye of the "care"provider, yk? I realise this isn't much info but has anyone had to assist a woman through anything similar? Any thoughts or resources I can suggest to her? Would her placenta be negatively affected by her breathing difficulties?
Cheers,
Joyous Birth
Home Birth Forum - a world first!
http://www.joyousbirth.info/forums/