Phew, & at *only* $275US, wot a bargain for all those who 'just need to know'! I notice that there are no testimonials included along the lines of "Its great to know the gender of our baby at 5 weeks, as now we can have an early termination if its not the sex we want" (yes Im being super cynical, but I have to wonder if its a big seller in China & India).
I quote from the site:
*I was able to surprise my husband with an early birthday gift this morning when I checked my e-mail and got the results. Surprise!*
Finding out the gender of yr baby via email - OMG!
I can just hear George Orwell saying smugly "I told you so"...
I have no idea whether the claims are true - "Here's how it works: Your baby releases its DNA into your blood plasma. Because DNA between different people is so similar, the only way to distinguish baby DNA from maternal DNA is if the baby is a boy and has a Y chromosome. If the Y chromosome DNA is present in your maternal blood sample, it's a boy; if the Y chromosome DNA is not present, you're having a girl. *200% Money-Back Guarantee!!"
*go figure!
jennifairy

Tania Smallwood wrote:

Hi all

Did anyone else see the article in today’s Adelaide Advertiser with information on this? What do you think about it?

http://www.pregnancystore.com/baby_gender_mentor.htm is the link to the test, and it claims to be 99.9% accurate as early as 5 weeks after conception, using a maternal blood sample which you collect yourself, and then send to a lab. They claim that the y chromosome can be found in the maternal blood if you are having a boy, wouldn’t that require some crossing of the maternal and foetal blood? Isn’t that what we don’t want? Hmmm, not convinced on this one, but someone, please explain!

Tania