What needs to be asked here is just how many still births are we talking about?  We (mainly the doctors) PRIDE ourselves on having one of the lowest perinatal mortality rates in the world and yet they are happy to suggest inductions at 39 weeks for women to potentially save a few?  What about the number of babies who suffer fetal distress due to a failed induction resulting in CS and then the risks associated with that? I last heard that over 40% of inductions result in CS for failure to progress and Fetal Distress!!  What about the links of still birth with women who have had previous cs?  Are they not just inventing another self perpetuating cycle that places them (the docs) as the saviours of what is nothing more than iotragenic (sp?) ‘problems’ anyway.

Gr Gr GR!  What is BP lending his name to?????  Ha she not heard of the dark side!!!  How sad for birthing women.

MIDWIVES NEED TO GET IN AND DO RESEARCH TO COMBAT THIS CRAP!

Jo