Hi everyone,

Lately I have been receiving a lot of bounced
emails from list member for very much the same
reason, so I thought this would be good time
to mention a couple of the things that cause
your emails to bounce and not reach the list.

The main problem is that members are trying to
copy their emails to everyone or at least a large
list of people in their address books. It is
important when sending messages to the list that
you do not copy the emails to others at the same
time, as this makes it hard, if not impossible
for the list to process the email.  The other
reason for this it that it unnecessarily broadcasts
individual email addresses to a large number of
people, thus taking away an individuals privacy.'
Bcc doesn't have the same sort of repercussion and
is a much better way of copying people in on emails,
although there is still the possibility of the email
bouncing if you use this method when sending to the
list.

The second problem is yet another unfortunate one,
and that is the use of "H*LP", note I have used
an "*" instead of the "e", thus my email didn't
bounce.  There are special commands used by
majordomo (mailing list software) that mean you
can't use these words when sending messages to the
list, h*lp is a major one and should not be used
without the use of the "*".  The same goes for
s*bscribe and uns*bscribe unless you are actually
undertaking one of these tasks.

Finally, the use of attachment.  Unfortunately, the
list doesn't process attachments particularly well
almost all of these email will bounce.

If you have any questions regarding my email, or any
other mailing list issues please don't hesitate to
contact me.

Regards
Kim

Kim Hunter
List Administration
Birth International
ACE Graphics and Associates in Childbirth Education

http://www.birthinternational.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]