From: jo
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 10:49 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] RH -

Hi wise midwives,

Below is a question received through the HAS website. Could anyone please help with an answer.

Cheers

Jo hunter

Hi

Hope you could help with another point of view please.

I am 28 weeks pregnant I have a 5 year old & 2 year old and had a missed miscarriage on the 9th November last year, after each child I have had the RhoGAM injection including with the miscarriage before I had a D & C (11week 5 days) although baby had stopped growing at 8 1/2 weeks.

I am having a home birth with a reg midwife and went to the doctor to ask for blood form to have the babies cord blood tested at birth to see if I need the RH injection.

I am now being told that I have to have the injection again now at 28weeks and 34 weeks regardless !

This did not happen with my 2nd child and there are no antibodies showing at any blood test .

Why ? all the doctor will tell me is because that is what is done.

I would never put the baby at risk and would like another opinion.

Many thanks