Hi Janine,
We have an infusion of 20 units of syntocinon in 1000mls of Hartmann's solution over four hours. PPH is more common after caesarean, which is not surprising, given the fact that it is major surgery, and that the normal physiology of birth is being disrupted.
Nicole.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Steve & Janine Clark
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 9:40 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] syntocinon infusions following elective C/S

Hi all,

Following a couple of nasty PPH’s a few hours after elective C/S, I have offered to do a lit review for my workplace regarding syntocinon infusions (or lack of) following elective caesarean sections.

Does anyone know of any studies done?

What does your workplace do? Do you have evidence-based protocols regarding this issue?

Regards

Janine