Alan are you offering continuity of carer or an alternative to the obs and then they still get a different midwife in labour. In Echuca they started a midwife clinic that offers shared care b/w the GP/obs and the midwife clinic but it in fact means that instead of having their antenatal care by one person they now have it by at least three. And then they just get who ever in labour as well.

If you are offering continuity of carer then this is what you can sell and it will be attractive to the women. Otherwise sell the things you are offering that they dont get from the Ob. On time appointments, longer appointments etc. In the country the bush telegraph is still the best source of information so get women talking about it and a mail out to known pregnant women, notices or poters in child care centres, kindergartens etc saying 'Do you know someone who is pregnant tell them about the new choices that they have"

Good luck but keep pushing for a caseload if you dont have one its great

ANdrea Quanchi