As a doula, I always try to inform parents of the  benefits  of not cutting the cord until it has stopped pulsing. I have had 3 babies, and none of them had their cords cut until I was ready. I have attended a birth were the mum wanted the cord blood to be saved and stored...some sort of cryogenics type thing, but I was wondering if this procedure that you are discussing has any impact on not cutting the cord. How and when is it taken?? What happens if a mum wants a lotus birth??
Very interested.
Lisax
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Routine collection and testing of cord blood

Hi Sue, Can I please just confirm your e-mail - At your place of work you do a CRP on all babies who have had Mec.Liquor at birth, where there has been PROM, GBS+ve mothers, unbooked clients and mothers with a fever during labour?  And you do this in the first 24hrs- 48 hours foll. birth?

 I am not being rude here but do you think a CRP is really necessary?  What ever happened to observation of the baby before jumping into a medical procedure?

Looking forward to hearing your reply
Megan