-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lynne Slater
Sent: Thursday, 8 September 2005 8:20 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] baby poo

I've seen friends' babies experience this and it can be really
distressing. I remember from my earlier days that S26 always caused a
green colour in the "poo" so this may explain the colour. However, it
may also indicate an intolerance to the lactose, which all my children
had.
What is concerning is the straining, and the baby may need something
like juices to provide some loosening effects. Some of my friends used
prune juice as inbetween fluid, and this worked really well. Lynne

Mrs. Lynne Slater,
Lecturer
RW 2-39, Richardson Wing
School of Nursing and Midwifery,
Faculty of Health
University of Newcastle
Callaghan 2308

Phone 02 49217707
Fax 02 49216301
Mobile 0408 882554

The information contained in this message and any annexures
is confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s). If you
have received this message in error, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing and using the information.

the sender immediately by return email and destroy the