Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Friend with breach baby...told CS only options.

Hi Debbie,
oddly enough I too know 2 women in exactly this position atm. The dangers of choosing a surgeon for the care of a perfectly normal pregnancy are becoming clear at this point.
There's an OB at JHH that deigns to catch breech babies - Andrew Bisits (sp?) - so perhaps he's one to try. I can't imagine agreeing to major surgery, with it's attendant risks, but I also can't imagine trying to birth my baby with a bunch of cranky onlookers. Women are just plain screwed in this scenario and it drives me into a rage. I shall content myself with sharing the info on turning breech babies I seem to have been supplying on a daily basis this week.

One midwife’s collection of breech turning info.
http://gentlebirth.org/Midwife/breechcl.html

Attending a breech birth.
http://gentlebirth.org/Midwife/breechbr.html

Turning a breech.
http://gentlebirth.org/Midwife/breechtn.html

Book review on breech babies.
http://www.midwiferytoday.com/reviews/breech.asp

Ina May Gaskin on catching surprise breech babies!
http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/3surprisebreeches.asp

Homeopathy to turn babies in utero.
http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/turnbaby.asp

A great site on moving breech babies.
http://www.spinningbabies.com

A Natural Breech Birth - hospital
http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBMarApr01p47.html

More than you could ever hope for from the UK midwives (I love these women!)
http://www.radmid.demon.co.uk/breech.htm

About 500 birth stories with clear descriptions.
http://www.breechbabies.com/hospital_breech.htm

I wonder if I know at least one of those women?
All love and strength to her.