Give them back the guidelines and tell them low risk is spelt out in detail
if they choose to read the document.
Sonja
----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 5:38 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] ACMI referral guidelines

> Anne,
>
> Scream away, good for releasing tension !
>
> Not true that RANZCOG represents the views of all OBs. I spoke to 3 this
week who stated their college does not express their views at all. However
they felt that they possibly not probably (semantics) represented the views
of the majority.
> Defintion of low risk is fairly standard anywhere isn't it? Look at any
birth centres critieria. Let's not reinvent that wheel ! There is no
evidence to say midwife led care is unsafe, in fact there is plenty of data
to prove otherwise, the onus is on the college to prove otherwise. It isn't
up to ACMI to prove they are "safe", it is for RANZCOG to prove they aren't
!

> Why are RANZCOG the 'boss" of ACMI anyway ? Sounds like school yard games
doesn't it ? Establish the pecking order, I'm the boss of you !