-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dean & Jo
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 4:54 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Birth After CS booklet

Just wanting to let people know that CARES SA have just finished a 70+
page document covering all the issues about Birth After CS.  It is
AMAZINGLY GOOD (if I do say so myself! I am SO proud of Carolyn for
putting it together).
It covers common myths then follows up with current abstracts;
highlights policies and management; outcomes and so on.

ALL evidenced based.
ALL current.

Contents page:

Table of Contents

South Australian Perinatal Practice Guidelines  4
Best Available Research Comparing Risks of VBAC (Vaginal Birth After
Cesarean) and of Planned Repeat C-Section       11
Women’s Satisfaction with VBAC  17
VBAC After two Caesareans       20
Midwifery Care and VBAC         24
Preparing for a Vaginal Birth After Caesarean   28
Frequently Asked Questions      35
I was told…     39
Homebirth After Caesarean       46
Uterine Rupture         52
Another Caesarean       66
Recommended  Reading List       68
Statistics      71
Glossary        74

CARES SA INC.  is a non profit organization who provide understanding
and compassion for women recovering from  caesarean birth, planning
caesarean birth or aiming for a vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC).

Awareness of the individual’s  rights to make informed choice is a main
focus of the group.   We encourage women and their families to become
actively involved in the decision making that will effect the birth of
their child. Aiming to increase community awareness and understanding
of the  issues surrounding surgical birth is also a main focus.

Recovery is a crucial element for maintaining good health.  It is very
important that a woman is fully informed of the physical recovery, but
more importantly we focus on the  vital need for emotional healing.
Through a safe, caring and understanding environment, women and their
partners are encouraged to follow their path to emotional healing.

Education is important when making decisions and it is our goal to be
up-to-date on current trends and philosophies.  By providing relevant
information to women and the community, we hope that a greater
understanding of the effects of caesarean birth will reduce the amount
of traumatic experiences.

Support for birth choices is vital, especially for those seeking vaginal
birth after caesarean.
By providing women with the options available to them and then
respecting that choice, we hope to empower women and their families to
achieve the desired positive birth for both mother and child.

We will be willing to supply email versions for people at a small cost
-perhaps a CARES membership of $20 pa-  further details will be
available for those interested.

Yours in choice

Jo Bainbridge CD
CARES SA