Hi Di,

How about setting up an independent practice? I get calls almost everyday from women asking for referrals to IPM’s, the Sydney midwives are all booked up 7 months in advance and there are just not enough midwives to meet the demand.

Cheers

Jo

From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of diane
Sent: Thursday, 29 September 2005 2:54 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Northern Rivers

Oh my Goodness!!! Im not sure I could work in the system up there!! Just emailed the Clinical Midwifery Consultant of the Northern Rivers, only to get a response saying there is no one in that position since Dec 04!!!!  I did hear Liz speak at the ICM about how midwives coped with the change when birthing was removed from Byron. Surely if ever there would be a group of motivated consumers it would be in Byron, is MC active there??? Would be the perfect place for caseload midwifery.

Maybe another plan...... what about Port Macquarie, wasn't there a birth centre opened there once upon a time???

Di.