There are some who believe the higher levels of antioxidants caused by
jaundice may be protective of babies, and mild jaundice 'may' be normal.
Nicole.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of lisa chalmers
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:48 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Induction and third stage labour

My experience of this, is that if the cords are not cut until they have
finished pulsing, babies seem to develop jaundice for longer..(that the
usual standards) . That makes complete sense to me, since they get more
blood than babes that had cords clamped and cut quickley.
I'm sure I read somewhere that babies are deprived of as much as 25% of
their blood volume by cutting the cord.
Nearly everyone I know that did not cut the cord, had babies that developed
Jaundice. Nothing serious just yellowing.