These are great links, thanks for your help!

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean & Jo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 7 October 2005 4:42 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] Question....

If she has access to email, there are a few good email lists run by/for
VBAC women. She hasn’t given herself much time to address the issues
surrounding vbacs though...37 weeks is leaving it a bit late to work
through issues.  Her best bet is to get a doula or a midwife who will
help her get over the hurdles/issues from the last birth which WILL
surface during the labour of this one.

If she was an induced woman resulting in an emerg cs the refrase the
term to a failed induction rather than a failure to progress...let her
have the chance to let go of 'responsibility' for 'failing' by phrasing
things differently.  Keep referring to the last birth as a caesarean
birth not caesarean section (HATE THE TERM!!!) reassure her that each
birth paves the way for the next and her bosy will know what to do this
time if she is supported and has the chance to gain trust in herself.
Reading vbac birth stories can be good -or bad depending on how
emotionally vulnerable she is. AS she has no time to really work threw
things at this point in her pregnancy, information on normal birth and
positive reinforcments are the best thing to do...

www.cares-sa.org.au

www.birthrites.org

www.vbac.com

There are lots of sites dedicated to vbac.

Cheers
Jo