Anne I'm really sorry to read of your situation and your distress. Here in Townsville we hope to get a birth centre fairly soon and have looked to your  centre for inspiration. I know some of the women from our Friends of the BC have been down there to see your unit. Just knowing that your unit existed  gave us hope for one of our own. I hope you are all able to hold on and things will get better soon
                                             Linda
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] birth centres in Australia

Dear Sally,

You probably have this info. and as yet they (hosp.) haven't changed our model of care, but they are trying.  Using the recommendations from the review and twisting them to their own advantage, they just won't listen to us.  Two of our most experienced Midwives have left and more are thinking of going, it's heartbreaking as we are being destroyed at the moment. I am in tears right now typing this :(

Birth Centre (at least for now)
RBWH Butterfield Street,
Brisbane
PH: 36368966