Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 6:01 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] 4ft 9 and birthing

Wump fish was saying last week an Ob said a primip who was 4ft 9' should have a c-section over natural childbirth.

Well, that's my height, my husband is 6ft 2! I'm a midwife,and was doing my training when I fell pregnant with my first baby. I  had sooo many Obs telling me that 'you'll be a c-section', that, had I been any other person, it would have totally eroded my confidence to birth.

I've had 3 babies, all born at home..........does anyone realize that 1/3 of the worlds population is about that height?????

Robyn Dempsey

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.