I have a question to put out to you all, I would just like to know what your
expereiences are with IV antibiotics and women who have had a C/S as at the
hospital in which I work the OB's current trend is to put women who have had
Ceasars either elective or emergency on triple AB's for three to five days.
The Regieme includes Daily Gentamicin usually 240 mg, Cehpazolin 2g TDS or
QID and Flagyl 500 mg TDS, this is usually for 3 Days then they go onto oral
Flagyl400mg TDS and oral Cephalexin or sometimes Amoxicilin for a further
five to ten days.  These are women who are well and healthy who have no real
indication for AB's except that they have had surgery,well thats the OB's
excuse anyway.  So would just like to know what other units are practicing
in regards to this and thank you  in advance for any feed back you can give
me.

Regards

Dorothy Thomas
Midwife