To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:49 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] rooming in

Hi Brenda,
Fully agree with you I have no problems taking babies to the nursery at night for mums that are totally exausted and giving them that little break they need .Wrap the babies up, put some Mozart on the CD player and they will often sleep for hours .Then change them and take them out for a feed when they wake or mums can come to the nursery and have a cuppa and chat with other mums that are up doing the same thing .Mums are encouraged to feed in the nursery at night were we have nice comfortable recliner chairs and it doesnt disturb the other mums in there room .There is a lot of communication goes on between the multis and primips when they get together to feed .We also have a video player in the nursery were they can watch videos like "Follow me mum " etc. Its also interesting to notice how much better the mothers are in themselves and with their bubs after those few hours of sleep.
Lyle
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/21/05 11:27 am >>>
I work some night duty in a small unit & if mothers ask me to 'mind' their
babies & take them back for feeds overnight then I do, willingly.

I'm heavily into nurturing women, odd eh ??