Brilliant, Andrea.  Someone had posted the query on the Midwifery Today forums so I have posted your reply.  Gloria

Andrea Quanchi wrote:
Gloria
I just got the book out to re read the section you are talking about, pg 45 in my book ofr anyone interested, but I think it just the name they use for the combination of a binder and two towels used as described to try and encourage the uterus to be more upright in women who have a serious split in their rectus shealth and therefore the uterus is hanging forward into the gap. Often these women fail to establish labour because the baby is not putting pressure on the cerix. They often niggle on and off repeatedly and doing as described is often enough so that during the next run of contractions they establish rather than wain again.
If you want to ask Pauline Scott I have her email
Andrea Quanchi