All the best for your challenging day and the days ahead!  As a woman who
enjoyed an empowering birth, YOU know what CAN be achieved.  Just little
things that make a big difference...closed door, dim lights, no V.E a woman
unless it is absolutely necessary (she may have suffered sexual abuse)treat
her very gently whether you know or not, "it's policy" isn't enough reason
to do things, quiet voices, not talking about extraneous things (like the
cricket, your big night out etc) asking permission for things you need to
do, people not entering the room uninvited. Your breastfeeding experience
will help you be empathetic to women in similar situations. DO be nervous...
it will help you be more sensitive.  Thinking of you today as ever, Mary M

"Well, after nine months on maternity leave, my finances (and my
husband!) have told me it is time to do some casual shifts at work.
This morning is my first one.  I am just doing a 6 hour shift, and my
husband will bring my 8 month old, Will, to work for me at 10am for a
feed. :)  (these are the benefits of working in a 'baby friendly'
hospital...)

I am a little nervous!  Being a hospital based Midwife, having had a
wonderful babymoon after an awesome homebirth - I wonder if I will be
any different as a Midwife??  We'll see."