I am sure that debriefing helps even if it does not cure. I
remember one particular woman at my previous place of work who
rang me many times and needed to talk about her EM CS (possible
not necessary) and I felt sad for her when I left there as we
had not finished debriefing. I think it helped a bit but she was
still a bit of a mess.
For my self, I would loved to have had a sympathetic ear, it
took me nearly 25 years to come to terms with the 2 CS that I
had. Fortunately I have been able to channel into midwifery,
trying hard not to let women get the raw deal that I had.
Cheers
Judy