Hi All,
I followed Jo's link:

http://www.diabetesinsipidus.org/faqs4.htm

"Neither CDI nor dDAVP treatment have any known adverse effect on pregnancy
or the fetus. The incidence of miscarriage or fetal malformations appears to
be no greater than in women without CDI. A mother with CDI will not pass the
disease to her children unless she (or the father) have one of the familial
(genetic) forms. Depending on the extent of pituitary damage, some women may
have difficulties with labor or nursing, but these problems usually can be
managed quite easily by the obstetrician."(I wonder how?)

There are several other questions answered on the website. Worth a look for
those interested. Seems there are a few types of Diabetes Insipidus, and it
can be inherited by boys, and carried by females, due to the mutation being
on the x chromosome.I have only had a brief look so far.

Regards,
Nicole.