What the hell is a "burst" vagina anyway??? Sounds like a big crock to me. Lies told to get this woman into surgery. I wonder what her notes say? I'd bet FTP or CPD. I doubt there's research into "burst vaginas" since I don't believe such a phenomenon exists. Is it possible that the woman was in hyperstim. from Synto. and was told uterine rupture was possible?
*shaking head in disbelief here*
From: jo
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:17 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] burst vagina's

Any thoughts for this woman from HAS committee? lives in Eastern Subs of Sydney.

Rant:

My friend has recently had a caesarean section at the RHW here, she was told that she could keep going and try for a vaginal birth (she was 10cm dilated) but her vagina would probably "burst".  Talk about value laden language.

Oddly enough she opted for a caesar rather than wait for the bursting.  If anyone could let me know the amount of research that has been done on this phenomenon I would be interested, as I haven't come across it before.  This has been a bit trying for me as everything I predicted would happen has come to pass, and I feel totally useless.  I said don't go with the ob, but they wanted to make sure everything went well the first time and obviously the more money they spent the better care they would get.  The best part of the labour was the time spent at home, but thank god they went to hospital otherwise the doctor couldn’t' have saved their baby.  Please don't get me wrong, I know these doctors are good sometimes, I just can't believe that they are really so necessary all the time.  Currently I don't know anyone round here who has had a vaginal delivery, it is almost becoming unattainable.

Yours in frustration at the system.