*sigh*…how very disheartening, why are we setting these women up for a fall?  What on earth happened to a normal pregnancy, normal gestation, and normal birth?  I’m sure the rates of stillbirth are even less at 37 weeks, why not just induce everyone then?  Or perhaps, women should be told that getting pregnant is really far too dangerous to consider in the first place…sorry, but this stuff just makes me so sad…

Tania

From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of The Johnsons
Sent: Thursday, 9 March 2006 8:47 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Acupunture and induction

Looking for advice on using acupuncture to induce labour at 38 weeks for a VBAC with gestational diabetes complications. Ob is supportive of VBAC as long as pregnancy doesn’t go beyond 38 weeks due to possible stillbirth risks in 39th and 40th weeks of pregnancy. Is acupuncture a viable induction alternative? Is it relatively safe for a VBAC attempt or is risk of scar rupture too high? Obs preferred option beyond 38 weeks is elective cs.

Thanks

Mindy