Thats absolutely true Kelly- I tell lots of women about doulas -especially re postnatal support as this is when I see most women and they are dumbfounded and excited that such support is an option. The more the merrier!

I tell mums how I hired a doula when I was sick a few months ago- the extra 'mothering' was such a boost, even as a one off - and despite not having a baby.I think ALL mothers need mothering!

Pinky
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:52 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] Birth Attendant / Doula Directory

Yep I am aware of all of those but I think that if I can do a directory on a very busy conception to parenthood website, combined with promoting support as much as I do, there will be a great deal more awareness – women in the mainstream do not know about these sites as they are not advertised anywhere – even if they are mentioned in places it’s not in a spot where a high volume of traffic will see it, if you know what I mean? The more the merrier I reckon!

Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
Creator,
BellyBelly.com.au
Gentle Solutions From Conception to Parenthood
BellyBelly Birth Support - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth-support