From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of Sally-Anne Brown
Sent: Sunday, 2 April 2006 9:00 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] PPH & C/S

Dear Kelly

Re PPH:

It would be interesting to find out if this woman was induced or had active management in last 2 births. Her body may not repond well to the synto....If she can get onto a good homeopath 'Ustilago Maidus' is excellent for prevention of pph .... but must have dosage determined by qualified homeopath.  Have seen this used very effectively in a small number of women for abt 10 yrs where woman has had a previous pph and none with remedy. It is not one of the regular homeopathics used.  Newtons Pharmacy in Sydney stock it and will do postal orders if her homeopath does not stock it.

Re ? G.D

Diet sounds good as Gloria has suggested and if she has G.D and is doing her BSL's and they are high ..... the Australian Bush Flower essence Peach Flowered Tea Tree is excellent.  I have seen a number of women over the years who are on insulin (sliding scale used to determine dose) for G.D use the essence and within 2-5 days have reduced BSL's and have not required and more insulin for the remainder of the pregnancy.

It could be this woman is tall and a little longer herself and has big bubs .... one woman I know all her bubs are 11-13 pounds and she has never had GD,  always normal vaginal births and peri intact everytime.

Kind Regards

Sally-Anne