come to adelaide we still have room. surely because of  her history some one some where will make some room for her.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 11:50 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Caesarean demand in VIC

I heard from a very reputable source (from her well regarded Obstetrician) who said that there are currently no availabilities to get women in for caesareans at the moment. Her Ob has been ringing around absolutely everywhere to get her booked in as she lost her last baby and has lots of issues surrounding this and to make the matter worse, the baby is breech, so the woman is a mess about losing this baby too. The only way she can have her caesarean is by emergency caesarean. Of course, being Easter, this is only worse… lots more being booked in at this time.

Apparently, the lack of availability is due to lots of Obs booking in women for low-lying placentas at 18 WEEKS!!!! Hogging lots of spaces which are not needed. Can’t something be done about this? I am not recommending caesars for anyone but this situation is awful – what is going on??? I cannot believe the only way women can have a Caesar in Melbourne at the moment is to have an emergency one.

Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
Creator,
BellyBelly.com.au
Gentle Solutions From Conception to Parenthood
BellyBelly Birth Support - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth-support