From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of Janet Fraser
Sent: Monday, 10 April 2006 7:48 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Birth & Sexual Assault

How about Penny Simkin's book "When survivors give birth"?

And really, the same rules apply as should apply to every woman - she gets total control over who's in the room and what happens to her - despite hospital policy. She'd obviously be safer at home where she does have that control.

Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 7:31 PM

Subject: [ozmidwifery] Birth & Sexual Assault

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on working with women who have been involved with sexual assault? Loaded birth – she also lost her mother recently – so trying to get lots of tips and suggestions… she’s feeling fearful of interventions and is due soon. The hospital recommended she get extra support so she contacted me.

Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
Creator,
BellyBelly.com.au
Gentle Solutions From Conception to Parenthood
BellyBelly Birth Support - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth-support