I guess this has already been answered but I have been overseas and am just now catching up.
When I did massage years ago I was taught not to massage a pregnant woman's belly, not because of the risk of miscarriage but because of the risk of being blamed if a miscarriage should subsequently occur. Made sense to me.
Cheers
Judy

Janet Fraser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,
can anyone recommend a form of massage particularly beneficial in pregnancy? I've been in contact with a massage student who's been told that she must never on any account massage a woman in pregnancy as it can cause miscarriage. Personally I know that's a crock but I'd love to be able to give her better info, perhaps on traditional and well evidenced forms of massage in pregnancy.
TIA,
For home birth information go to:
Joyous Birth
Australian home birth network and forums.
http://www.joyousbirth.info/
Or email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Personals: It's free to check out our great singles!