Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:31 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] working in a private hospital ?

Dear wise women,
                      I'm wanting to get an idea on what the disadvantages and benefits are to working in a private hospital . I must admit, as a direct entry midwife, I probably have a less than positive view of the private system having been told by lecturers that doing clinical placement there would be a waste of time. ( You become very "birth centric"' when you have to catch 40 babies to register). I think I'm asking for a balanced view here if one exists.
Julie, longtime daily lurker :)