To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:55 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] new centrelink forms

Hi Sue,

After my beautiful girls birth we called Births Deaths and Marriages and Centrelink and they told us to go to our local hospital. Well, one hospital gave my husband the hardest time about it and refused to give him a form unless I came in. Now this hospital is known for calling DOCS on anyone they think has done the wrong thing ie freebirthing. He then went to our other local hospital and they were soooooooo lovely. They gave him all kinds of info on the services they offer, "just in case we wanted to take advantage of it" and also gave him the forms and everything we needed. Though, the only problem was, it did have the hospital sticker on the back. So, in the end I went to Centrelink and got forms myself, we then had a hell of a time getting our baby registered and then finally we got to hand in our Centrelink forms. Basically, Centrelink won't take the forms unsigned without a Birth Certificate.

If you want any info on how to get a Birth Certificate for a babe in NSW let me know. We had to provide all kinds of info and it took months. They have no protocol so it really depends on the person you are speaking to.

Love Abby

Sue Cookson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
Anyone out there have any idea how women/couples who choose to birth
unattended or with non-registered attendants can get there babies
centrelink/medicare form from?

Used to be a matter of getting baby sighted by a GP and the appropriate
forms signed. The new forms are all registered to the care provider and
most GPs don't have them.

Any thoughts?

Sue