Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:40 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Synto & heart problems?

I have a question from one of my forum Moderators, just wondering what your thoughts were:

Hi Kelly

Just wondering if you would know the answer to this.  I know how busy you are, but thought you'd be the best to ask.  No hurry with the answer...

I have been to the doctor tonight because I am getting irregular heart beats that are causing me to nearly faint.  I was put on an ecg and that recorded one (thank goodness...didn't feel like a fake!) Dr rang a cardiologist who said that yes, it is unusual for someone my age to get it (I can't remember the name, something about the sinus node and electric currents) but there is nothing they can do.  I just have to put up with it.  BTW it won't kill me LOL!

So anyway my question is...Do you know if Syntocinon can cause heart problems? When I was in labour with Imogen I said to Daniel 'My heart is going to stop, I just don't think it can take anymore' and I could feel my heart so intensely thumping and hurting - I'd never felt it with the other 2 labours.

Thanks, I'd love to know if you think this could be related.

Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
Creator,
BellyBelly.com.au
Gentle Solutions From Conception to Parenthood
BellyBelly Birth Support - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth-support