Please send to the list as I am also interested : )

Päivi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alice Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 8:38 AM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] Episiotomy

Hi Suzi,

I have several studies that show this....can't think of them all off the top of my head, but will find them for you and send you the info. I'll have to dig out my thesis (I've been somewhat pretending it doesn't exist at the moment).

As a start, I think the recent (2005) JAMA published study talks about it, as do Thacker and Banta (1983) and Woolley (1995).

There's also one that compares mediolateral and midline episiotomies (Thacker, 2000 from the British Medical Journal).

Hope this helps as a start...I'll try to see what else I can find and send to you.

Alice