Dear Zoe,  I like your 3 step plan. Covers all bases.  Katy.
----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:47 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Your thoughts on Birth Plans?

> Kelly,
>       I wrote a 'birth Plan" for both of my births. I had three - the
'ideal birth" the "if i need to transfer / intervention" and the 'c/section'
In each i put what my prefernces were ie ; if i had an epidural i did not
want a routine IDC. Also my wishes if i had a c/section were that the drape
be dropped so that we could watch the baby being born and discover the sex
ourselves. I found it very useful to present to the birth centre and my
private ob ( who would be my doctor if i transfered to the main hospital ).
For me they both went the "ideal birth " way. As a midwife ( working in a
private hospital ) I find that the birth plans that our women come through
with are often difficult for the women to follow as they seem to not prepare
themselves physically ( ie yoga etc ) or mentally for what labour is all
about. They also expect that their partner will always be able to support
this 'plan". i think that following through with the birth plan is difficult
without an extra su!