From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Helen and Graham
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:57 PM
To: ozmidwifery
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Perineal massage

Just wondering whether everyone is recommending perineal massage antenatally as a way of reducing the risk of tearing?  I have read research to suggest it has been effective so I have just started to tell women about it.  I also am careful to say that it may not work but there is no harm in trying.  I remember it was bandied around years ago but there wasn't any research to support it's effectiveness back then.

What are your thoughts

Helen