Congratulations Meg, we look forward to a time when women needing c/s are routinely offered this option. love Suzi
----- Original Message -----
From: meg
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:41 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Breastfeeding in OT

Dear all,
I would just like to boast because today I achieve a goal. With the help of an obliging mum, this morning I managed to receive a baby in OT, and except for the brief moment when I rearranged bub and checked first apgar, mother and baby remained together, skin to skin, for the duration of the operation. Even having a good twenty minute breastfeed whilst OP progressed. Mother was very impressed that a baby would fed so soon after birth. Both mum and bub had a good sleep (still skin to skin) on return to ward.

Megan