To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Birth, Trauma & Personality

Hi Kelly

I read an article earlier this year on some research done on suicide and it was found that often the method used was linked to birth. e.g cord tight around neck (hanging), heavily drugged birth (drug overdose) etc.

Here is a really good website on perinatal studies, pregnancy and birth memories:

www.holistic.ie/amethyst/documents/suicide.htm

We already know that a baby's hearing is fully developed at 18 weeks gestation so just imagine what they are listening in on, especially in the birth room and the horror birth stories being told.

regards
Diane Gardner

"Kelly @ BellyBelly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                Help! Someone started a discussion on my
forums about birth and how it shapes the baby as an
individual. Of course, everyone thought that concept was
ludicrous, think studies and percentages are rubbish and must
think I am a quack for thinking otherwise LOL J Can anyone
else back me up?! I need some support!!! If you aren't signed
up in my forums, please feel free to, or post here any
suggestions or comments.

  http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=17144
  Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
Creator, BellyBelly.com.au
Gentle Solutions From Conception to Parenthood
BellyBelly Birth Support -
http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth-support

http://au.messenger.yahoo.com