Most (all?) OBs like to deliver breech births via c-section.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sazz Eaton
Sent: Wednesday, 9 August 2006 3:51 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Use of ultrasound routinely to check for breech position!!!!!

I'm curious, what are the supposed reasons it is necessary to know whether or not the baby is going to be breech? I thought breech was just another position, but still birth like the rest of it?
(Part of me suspects the desire to find out whether a baby is breech is because the medical profession is keen to pathologise yet another element of wimmin's reproductive experiences as "abnormal" and in need of medical attention).

My only knowledge about breech does come from Sarah Buckley's book, so I have been coloured by her experience and I don't think she knew her fourth was breech, or that it was seen as a problem?

Can OzMid. wimmin enlighten me?

Cheers,
Sazz