HBA in Melbourne (due to high demand) are now covering the services of

www.defencehealth.com.au , a private health insurance company
> [...]
>to be sending my bill to a particular woman in the policy section. I'm
>having a homebirth in December. I'll let you know if they honour the
>claim!
>
>***
>
>MBF cover the full amount (but will not publicly tell you that) You need
>to go through high beings and make an individual agreement, but many
>women are doing it. Many have had $4,000 back
>

>Teachers Health rebate well
>

>NIB rebate a small amount
>

>Grand United have just announced around $2000 and featured Jan Robinson
>(NSW IPM) in their brochure.
>

>NRMA (before being taken over) paid part unsure who took them over
>

>HCF No
>

>HBA have just announced they will (details uncertain)
>

>Medibank Private are scum bags and give nothing.
>

>I now advise all women who have held a policy for some time to switch to
>MBF (if their fund gives little or nothing) As an existing policy holder
>the waiting times are waived and so you can go to MBF and do a deal and
>get all the costs back (by the way these are for homebirths, MBF cover
>nothing if
>you go to hospital, as they then cover Drs and I guess don't want to pay
>the high Ob costs and a midwife on top). Is unfair if you transfer, but
>that's their rules.
>
>.HEALTH PARTNERS cover homebirth/independent midwifery: One mum phoned
>them in Sept 05 - got a few puzzled staff members putting her on hold
>then told they will give up to $40 rebate per prenatal and post natal
>visit and max $200 for labour/birth to total $800.00. A second mum
>confirmed these amounts as what she actually received - also that
>services must have been provided by a registered midwife; she also
>believes that if complications arise and hospital birth is
>required then HP will pay benefits for hospital according to your cover
>level, and any ambulance transfers required as well as the pre/postnatal
>care provided by the midwife. This mum had to ask about getting her care
>covered and got sent
>a personal letter outlining what they would cover/pay.
>

>TEACHERS FEDERATION HEALTH: An SA midwife has just had a client with
>this company who is expecting to receive $1500 from them to cover her
>homebirth. The midwife had to give her an invoice with her ABN on it,
>setting out how much she
>had been charged for antenatal, birth/labour & postnatal, as they were
>specific about how much they would reimburse for each 'part'.
>

>SGIC - used to cover, now withdrawn.
>

>ISELECT - One local midwife says there is a website and kind of
>health-broker called iselect whom you can contact who would have all
>this information. She believes if we contact them they could tell us
>exactly who covers homebirth/lactation consultancy and private midwifery
>and for how much etc. They'd do the running around and maternity
>coalition would probably have to just say whom the source was so that

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Russell
>To: Deborah Fisher <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; Andrea
><
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; Nat Herbert
><
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; 'Sonya
><
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Beutel' ; 'Anne R (AP)'
><
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; Anne  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Rasenberger ; annette rogers <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ;
>Genevieve Olton <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; Linda (AP)
><
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; Lisa  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ;
>Lucy  <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Evans ; Siobhan Harding
><
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; Sue