All the guide lines do say that there is increased risk above 42
weeks. 100%. Of what? I can't recall the figures offhand but say
from 1% to 2% is 100% increase but that means that 98% will be
ok. Also you need to be sure your dates are right. LMP certain?
USS dates after about 12 wks are very open to error, the further
the pregnancy has advanced the greater the error.
If women are empowered there is ALWAYS the option to say NO.
They will be hasseled but if they are strong enough they can
keep saying no. We have some who do that, they are happy to be
monitored with CTG 2nd daily (though in reality that won't tell
you much). They are in tune with their body and just know babe
is ok.
If you get a chance to see them before they come in for IOL,
remind them about their ability to say no and how that comes
with the responsability for the outcomes of that decision.
Cheers
Judy