A good verdict, but I find it interesting that the summary notes:

It should be noted that the complainant is the Women’s Health Action Trust breastfeeding advocate... Two other almost identical complaints from breastfeeding advocators opposed to the use of infant formulas were subsequently received.

Why should that be noted?!!! Silly.

From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of Barbara Glare & Chris Bright
Sent: Tuesday, 3 October 2006 8:25 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Karicare formula Ad

Hi,

The offensive Karicare Formula ad (mother bear - I don't want to give my baby the milk of another species so I gave him Karicare Toddler formula) has been banned in New Zealand. See the ruling at  http://203.152.114.11/decisions/06/06290.rtf

Currently the "Parents Jury" is running a poll on it.  You can vote at http://www.parentsjury.org.au/

You need to register first, (I think it's the top right hand corner)

It's worth letting it be know that neither parents nor health professionals apreciate this sort of misleading advertising.

Barb Glare
Mum of Zac, 12, Daniel, 10, Cassie 7 & Guan 3
Counsellor, Warrnambool Vic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ph (03) 5565 8602
Director, Australian Breastfeeding Association
Mothers Direct
www.mothersdirect.com.au